Friday, September 22, 2006

Morning News

In hacking news I started work on my Xbox.  I spent about half an hour last night de-soldering the soldered-in holes that the mod-chip must occupy (an oddity that only the v. 1.0 and 1.1 Xbox'es possess. For the record, mine is a 1.0 bought used from EB Games in 2003.)  The rest shouldn't be hard at all. (I say now.)  I'm wondering if I should try and document the process but it seems as if there are plenty of resourcess out there for those interested in mod-chipping an Xbox.  I found what I was looking for anyway...

Other news: I tried to install RC1 of Vista last night since I'll inevitably have to deal with it at work at some point in the future.  It BSoDed me on the install.  Go figure.  I gave up after two tries.

Soon.  So soon I will start work on hacking my WRT54GL router.  Adding LCD goodness is a must.  Lord knows I have enough of them to work with.  Thanks fone!  Of course, this comes after I install the LCD in my headless server.  Busy busy busy.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home