Thursday, September 28, 2006

Xbox = Modded

Well what do you know. I didn't brick the thing after all. After
spending my lunch hour (and some change) resoldering my modchip I got
back home and plugged everything in and it works!! I then installed
the new faceplate for the xbox and that is working swimmingly as well.
See the attached photo as proof. Anyway, all I
should have to do now is get the Xbox media center software loaded
(which should be easy enough, there's a ftp server program installed
in the modchip) and I should be enjoying mp3s and downloaded tv shows in no time.



Next comes the much delayed server LCD project. I got the serial
backpack kit in the mail yesterday. I think I'm going to need a lower
wattage / smaller tipped soldering iron as this one felt to cludgy and
seemed to evaporate a good bit of solder before it actually got a

chance to set.

Hopefully I will get a chance today or tomorrow to update my blog with the photos I FINALLY managed to get off of my phone. They are all silly and great. You can check my Flickr account if you need to see them now.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home