Saturday, September 30, 2006

Curse you BlingBling!!

Well adding the media center software is harder than I had anticipated. It's interesting to play with tho. The mod chip I'm using has 8 individual slots for bios'es (biosi?) and I suppose you could run a seperate app from each although that would be silly. I've got the X-ecutioner one loaded (evolutionx) which also comes with a dashboard (like when you boot the xbox with no disk loaded, that thing) but I'm having troubles with the media center software itself. I think (i'm not really sure) the stuff was formatted for PAL and that's why I can't load the damn thing. Really, the problem is that at the Xbox Media center official site you can't download a compiled version of the software, it would violate Microsoft's copyright since you have to use Visual Studio, or something else propriatary, to compile the software. That leaves you at the mercy of the open tracker sites where compiled XBMC versions roam the bits with such exotic names as Gasgiver, BlingBling and Pimped (no I'm not kidding). Anyway, once I get that loaded I will let you know how well it works and if one does indeed give away gas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home