Friday, October 06, 2006

A Flux of Torrents

I installed Torrentflux on my server last night/ this morning.  Torrentflux is a php based "torrent hub" program.  It's supposed to be a centralized place to download your torrents.  I'm interested b/c I've got a server that's up and running 24/7 so if I can move my torrent seeding/leeching to the server then that's one less box I have to have running.

I haven't had much of a chance to play with it but at first blush there appears to be a good number of options and it apparently will support multiple users on a single server, which is cool.  The biggest problem I see at the moment is the fact that I use closed tracker sites that require authentication in order to access.  The interface provides a search box for the open tracker sites (torrentspy, mininova, piratebay, etc) and an option to upload a torrent file that's been downloaded.  I suppose that would be an option but it would be a pain in the ass to have to go to a site, find the torrent, download it, then upload it to the server and run it from there.  There are worse things, I know, but it's not an ideal situation.  Now an ideal situation would be support for authenticated sites as well as a scripted auto-download feature that could be set to periodically search for certain keywords so I could get new TV show whenever they get uploaded.  They have something like that for non-pirated material ,the democracy player, but that's no fun.  I'm just going to have to spend some time and see if there are any other workarounds.

technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home