Monday, October 09, 2006

Squid-ward Ho!

Starting to work with Torrentflux made me realize how necessary it is to run it in conjunction with a proxy server. Even with the additional search engine add-ons, courtesy of the kindly community hacking-around in the formus, it's still a necessity to setup a proxy so the cookies get handled correctly. A friend of mine had the idea of setting up the proxy so that any torrent file that gets downloaded would be forwarded to Torrentflux on the server. We're looking at Squirm. That's about as far as it's gotten. What with the wedding and all, personal projects have to take a backseat (Aimee has been VERY understanding to this point what with the Xbox and all and I love her for it). I've got Squid installed but I can't even get that working properly at the moment. Torrentflux is installed but not running anything since I've got no way to access it. C'est la vie.

In work related news: Cheers to Firefox for making their search engine bar so easy to code for. Jeers to Macromedia Contribute for screwing over my javascript to install the search engine.

technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home