Friday, October 13, 2006

Vista::Reloaded

I loaded Vista on my older system! It was still choking while loading on my newer, 64-bit system (blue-screened on the install, go figure) so I loaded it on the computer I built while I was at home (good ol' blue). It's an Athlon 2800, 1 gig RAM and a 256 mb video card. Right now I haven't run into any problems except a couple of drivers not being automatically installed but I added them manually and it seems to be running fine. I'm really surprised at how well it's running on an older system with only half the recommened memory. It's a very pretty operating system with some neat visual effects and a cool "gadget" dock on the desktop that you can add small applets to (like an analog clock, a post-it pad for notes etc.) So far, so good! In the appearance department tho, it still doesn't really hold a candle to XGL and Compiz. Oh wait, has anyone seen Beryl? It's a fork off of the Compiz project. Pretty cool stuff...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZtcxHUSDQ

Someday I will get around to loading that on my system. Someday....

Right now I've finally found RC2 and need to get that loaded.

Also: I've got Torrentflux fully functional. Generally, it tends to help if you've got a bittorrent client installed if you want to download torrents :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home